ALAMO generates algebraic models of simulations, experiments, or other black-box systems. The models provided by ALAMO are:
- simple in functional form
- generated from a minimal experimental data set.
ALAMO uses an iterative design of experiments to build low-complexity surrogate models while answering the following questions:
- What is the functional form of the model?
- How complex of a model is needed?
- Will this be tractable in an algebraic optimization framework?
- How many sample points are needed to define an accurate model and where should they be sampled?
For more information about the details of ALAMO see the Overview page